Take On Me was a song by Norwegian synth-pop band A-ha , first released in 1984. The original version was produced by Tony Mansfield and remixed by John Ratcliff. A new version was released in 1985 and produced by Alan Tarney for the group's debut studio album Hunting High and Low (1985). The song combines synthpop with a varied instrumentation that includes acoustic guitars , keyboards, and drums. It is considered to be the band's signature song . THEN NOW LYRICS We're talking away I don't know what I'm to say I'll say it anyway Today's another day to find you Shying away I'll be coming for your love, okay? Take on me, (take on me) Take me on, (take on me) I'll be gone In a day or two So needless to say I'm odds and ends I'll be stumbling away Slowly learning that life is OK Say after me It's no better to be safe than sorry Take on me, (take on me) Take me on, (take on me) I'll be gon...