HUNTING HIGH AND LOW by A-HA

Any real 80s music lover or fan of 80s band A-HA will love to hear HUNTING HIGH AND LOW by A-HA




Hunting High and Low" is a song by the Norwegian band A-ha. It was released in 1986 as the final single from the band's debut album of the same name.

"Hunting High and Low" was released in the summer of 1986 and became the third most successful single from Hunting High and Low on the charts and one of the band's most recognizable and popular songs. The song did not chart in the U.S., but was a Top 5 hit in Britain and in Ireland.

The original album version was produced by Tony Mansfield and is played with synthesizers. For release as a single, the track was remixed, containing additional production by Alan Tarney and features an orchestra.


LYRICS 

[Verse 1]
Here I am
And within the reach of my hands
She's sound asleep
And she's sweeter now than the wildest dream
Could've seen her
And I watch her slipping away
But I know I'll be

[Chorus]
Hunting high and low
High
There's no end to the lengths I'll go to
Hunting high and low
High
There's no end to lengths I'll go

[Verse 2]
To find her again
Upon this, my dreams are depending
Through the dark
I sense the pounding of her heart
Next to mine
She's the sweetest love I could find
So I guess I'll be

[Chorus]
Hunting high and low
High
There's no end to the lengths I'll go to
High and low
High
Do you know what it means to love you?

[Bridge]
I'm hunting high and low
And now she's telling me she's got to go away

[Chorus]
I'll always be hunting high and low
Only for you
Watch me tearing myself to pieces
Hunting high and low
High
There's no end to the lengths I'll go to

[Outro]
Oh, for you I'll be hunting high and low



Hunting High and Low is the debut studio album by Norwegian new wave band A-ha. It was released on 28 October 1985 by Warner Bros. Records. The album was a huge commercial success, reaching high positions on charts worldwide and peaking at number 15 on the US Billboard 200, eventually selling more than 11 million units worldwide. The album was recorded at Eel Pie Studios in Twickenham, London, and produced by Tony Mansfield, John Ratcliff and Alan Tarney.

In all, five singles from the album were released, though not all were released internationally: "Take On Me", "Love Is Reason", "The Sun Always Shines on T.V.", "Train of Thought" and "Hunting High and Low". The group was nominated for Best New Artist at the Grammy Awards in 1986, making A-ha the first Norwegian band to be nominated for a Grammy.

As part of a re-release of their first two albums, Hunting High and Low was expanded and remastered in 2010.

Popular posts from this blog

ANGRY ANDERSON: SUDDENLY

Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears 1985

ULTRAVOX : VIENNA